Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fairy Tales

Fairy tales.....I knew them from little on. I wanted it all. The white horse, the prince who would rescue me from the tower so we could live "happily ever after". It now seems so long ago. What happened to me? Where did I go wrong? Where is my happy ending?

I never imagined I would become a Domestic Goddess, wife and mother. I never thought this is what I wanted until it happened. Becoming a mom is scary. You carry your child for nine months and worry each and every day that you are doing everything right. What foods to eat, how much weight to gain, taking your prenatal vitamins, going to every visit at the ob's office, picking out the right layette, having the perfect nursery, and so forth. Then d-day arrives. This is the day you have been waiting for the past nine months. You are flooded with all kinds of emotions...excitement, nervousness and the realization that life as you once knew it was over.
Once you hold that precious little bundle in your arms you are taken into a new land of fairy tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment